Sausage and Corn Chowder:
1 lb of ground italian sausage ( or really any kind of your choosing)
1/2 green bell pepper
1 jar of pimentos
1 can of creamed corn
1 can of regular corn
1/4 cup of flour
milk ( to desired consistency)
1. dice the onion and bell pepper
2. brown sausage with onion and bell pepper
3. drain any grease and return meat and peppers to pan
4. add 1/4 flour and stir until sausage is coated
5. add corn, pimentos and milk ( usually about 3 cups I think)
6. season with salt, pepper- to taste!
* I also sometimes add a few red pepper flakes to the sausage when cooking it to give a little extra kick!
the longer it cooked the more the flour thickens it.. but it can be ready in about an 45 minutes. I usually double the recipe because we eat it leftover for days.